How to deploy Ignite Service from Thick client or Thin client?

Viewed 58

Firstly, is there anyway to deploy Ignite service from Thick or Thin client(doesn’t make sense) ? I tried to deploy service locally at runtime and all works but the real server is started from a Batch file in another machine. We do many developments in C# include developing Service classes, So I am not sure how a C# service can be deployed from another machine to the server. I’ve gone through deploying service via config file but not sure How C# assembly can be configured? Any help will be really appreciated.

1 Answers

Yes, you can deploy services from Thick client:

IIgnite ignite = Ignition.Start(...);
IServices services = ignite.GetServices();
services.Deploy("my-service", new MyService());

Requirements:

  • Servers must be .NET nodes, started with Apache.Ignite.exe or from your own .NET binary that does Ignition.Start().
  • Assembly with the MyService class must be loaded on all server nodes (with --assembly command line argument, with reflection, etc).

It is possible to deploy services from thin client indirectly, using an existing service as a proxy.

Related