I have a inventory database from my company and I'm wanting to sort some entries based on pricing. I was thinking originally I would have to do everything by hand but I figured Sort-Object should work... until I remembered Sort-Object and its infamous string sorting. Easy, i'll sort by converting it to an integer except of course a currency value has symbol such as $ at the start.
The original code I used which caused the string sorting is below. The classic 200 is higher than 1000 etc:
$Result | Sort-Object -Property Price | Format-Table -Property Price
The int code I tried is:
$Result | Sort-Object -Property { [int]$_.Price } | Format-Table -Property Price
This results in output like "Cannot convert value "$414.50" to type "System.Int32". | Error: "Input string was not in a correct format." Makes sense, cant convert a $ to an int.
So is there any way around this without me having to sort by hand?
Thanks