Issue with Termux bootstrap

Viewed 1590

After downloading Termux from the Google Play store, FDroid, and Github, I got the error

Unable to Install
Termux was unable to install the bootstrap packages.
Check your network connection and try again.

I looked through Github and found this this reply saying to try to connect to http://termux.net/bootstrap/ in a browser. I tried with the phone I'm trying to put Termux on (Galaxy s5 with Android 6.0.1) and got a response saying 'connection timed out'. I tried on my desktop which is on the same network, and got the same response. I made a simple python script using the requests module on a Replit server and got the same response with error 522. It seems like the Termux.net website isnt working for some reason, maybe because of a WiFi setting that has to get changed? What else do I try?

2 Answers

Issue is that old links for bootstrap package for Android versions 5 and 6 are not available anymore, for example domain https://termux.net is down and you can not access it.

You can fix this issue by following this wiki:
https://github.com/termux/termux-app/wiki/Termux-on-android-5-or-6

You can install artifacts from this link:
https://github.com/termux/termux-app/actions/runs/2619084610

*Zipped APK file termux-app_v0.118.0+605dd6c-apt-android-5-github-debug_armeabi-v7a can be downloaded from this link:
https://github.com/termux/termux-app/suites/7230045376/artifacts/289921940

*Note: Direct APK link will only work if you are signed in with your GitHub account

works great, just download the apk from link above and install Thanks nexayq, just make sure you allow installation from unknown sources in your android settings.

Tested on two phones the ones with armeabi64-v8a works to know this just download device info hw from playstore

Related