I'm new to JavaScript and I want to create a button that, when clicked, will change the position of the object. But after clicking once, nothing else works. Below I have provided the code with the very essence of the problem, and my code where I want to apply it. Maybe someone will tell you how to make a restart button correctly, instead of constantly creating new divs.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset='utf-8'>
<style>
button {
position: relative;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<button>Add new position</button>
<script>
const btn = document.querySelector('button');
btn.addEventListener('click', () => {
btn.style.top = '50px';
});
</script>
</body>
</html>
MY PROJECT
const yes = document.getElementById('yes');
const no = document.getElementById('no');
const body = document.querySelector('.body');
const message = document.querySelector('.message');
const reset = document.querySelector('.panel__close')
const bodyMessage = document.querySelector('.body__message')
const randomNum = Math.floor(Math.random() *100) +1;
yes.addEventListener('click', () => {
body.innerHTML = '';
const paraLox = document.createElement('p');
paraLox.textContent = 'Congratulation, Jaba Loshara Ebaniy!';
paraLox.style.fontSize = '3rem';
paraLox.style.textAlign = 'center';
paraLox.style.fontWeight = '1000';
paraLox.style.color = 'red';
body.appendChild(paraLox);
reset.addEventListener('click', () => { // reset button
paraLox.parentNode.removeChild(paraLox);
const bodyError = document.createElement('div');
bodyError.setAttribute('class', 'body__error-image');
bodyMessage.appendChild(bodyError);
const bodyErrorImage = document.createElement('img');
bodyErrorImage.setAttribute('src', 'error.png')
bodyErrorImage.style.width = '50px';
bodyErrorImage.style.height = '50px';
bodyError.appendChild(bodyErrorImage);
const bodyText = document.createElement('div');
bodyText.setAttribute('class', 'body__text');
bodyText.textContent = 'Jaba Lox?';
bodyMessage.appendChild(bodyText);
const bodyButtons = document.createElement('div');
bodyButtons.setAttribute('class', 'body__buttons');
bodyMessage.appendChild(bodyButtons);
const bodyButton1 = document.createElement('div');
bodyButton1.setAttribute('class', 'body__button');
bodyButton1.setAttribute('id', 'yes');
bodyButton1.textContent = 'Yes';
bodyButtons.appendChild(bodyButton1);
const bodyButton = document.createElement('div');
bodyButton.setAttribute('class', 'body__button');
bodyButton.setAttribute('id', 'no');
bodyButton.textContent ='No';
bodyButtons.appendChild(bodyButton);
});
});
no.addEventListener('click', () => {
no.style.position = 'relative';
no.style.top = randomNum + 'px';
no.style.bottom = randomNum + 'px';
no.style.left = randomNum + 'px';
no.style.right = randomNum + 'px';
});