I currently have three collections that need to be routed into one endpoint. I want to get the Course collection sort it, then from that course, I have to use nested subqueries to fetch a random review(there could be multiple tied to the same course) and also get the related user.
User{
name:
_id:User/4638
key: ...}
Review{
_from: User/4638
_to: Course/489
date: ....}
Course{
_id: Course/489
title: ...}
The issue I'm having is fetching the user based on the review. I've tried MERGE, but that seems to limit the query to one use when there should be multiple. Below is the current output using LET.
"course": {
"_key": "789",
"_id": "Courses/789",
"_rev": "_ebjuy62---",
"courseTitle": "Pandas Essential Training",
"mostRecentCost": 15.99,
"hours": 20,
"averageRating": 5
},
"review": [
{
"_key": "543729",
"_id": "Reviews/543729",
"_from": "Users/PGBJ38",
"_to": "Courses/789",
"_rev": "_ebOrt9u---",
"rating": 2
}
],
"user": []
},
Here is the current LET subquery method I'm using. I was wondering if there was anyway to pass or maybe nest the subqueries so that user can read review. Currently I try to pass the LET var but that isn't read in the output since a blank array is shown.
FOR c IN Courses
SORT c.averageRating DESC
LIMIT 3
LET rev = (FOR r IN Reviews
FILTER c._id == r._to
SORT RAND()
LIMIT 1
RETURN r)
LET use = (FOR u IN Users
FILTER rev._from == u._id
RETURN u)
RETURN {course: c, review: rev, user: use}`