I have a use case where I want to use an HTTP client in Go with pooled connections (connection re-use), but with the special case where a connection is intentionally closed (not allowed for re-use) if a request on that connection returns a specific HTTP status code.
I've implemented a custom http.RoundTripper, which wraps an http.Transport, and can inspect the response status code. However, I can't seem to find a way to prevent the http.Transport from re-using that connection, without also preventing it from re-using any other connection.
Is this possible using the net/http package? If not, any suggested workaround for accomplishing this?
My current code looks something like this:
type MyTransport struct {
transport *http.Transport
}
func (mt *MyTransport) RoundTrip(req *http.Request) (*http.Response, error) {
resp, err := tt.transport.RoundTrip(req)
if err != nil {
return resp, err
}
if resp.StatusCode == 567 {
// HERE:
// Do something to prevent re-use of this connection
}
return resp, err
}