Android / Google Play in-app purchase "Item unavailable in your country"

Viewed 2859

I'm trying to test the in-app purchase of a consumable item on Android, but I'm unable to do so, as the item appears as being unavailable in my country:

enter image description here

This only happens when I'm testing on a device connected to Android Studio (which I need to be able to do) - if I instead download the app onto the device, the consumable item appears normally, i.e. as being available. Some details:

  • I'm testing on a physical device running Android version 6.0.1
  • That device is running the latest version of the Google Play application
  • I'm testing with a user that has been set up both as a track tester and a license tester, and that is also currently signed in on the device
  • I've made the app available in all available 177 countries and regions
  • The app does not have a production release, it's only available on the closed testing track
3 Answers

If you have uploaded the build from the closed track, please ensure that you have accepted the test invitation from the invited email or it will show this error.

Step 1: Go to Release -> Testing -> Closed Testing

enter image description here

Step 2: Click on Manage Track

Step 3: Click on Testers tab

enter image description here

Step 4: Scroll to the bottom and you will see 2 options. Copy the link for web and open the link in your phone or browser with the test email you want to test.

enter image description here

Step 5: When you open the link you will have an option to Become A Tester. Click on that and then you are good to go.

enter image description here

TL;DR: Upload to the Internal Test track and make sure it has the highest version code

I was having this issue for a few days, and also tried numerous things, but to no avail.. I uploaded my app bundle to a Closed Testing track in the Play Store, which did not solve the problem. After countless other methods, I eventually tried to upload a bundle to the Internal Testing track, which immediately solved the issue and allowed me to use test cards again.

The solution in my case was to select the app in the Google Play Console, then go to Release > Production > Countries/regions, and add the countries/regions there. Having the countries/regions selected in the closed/internal track only is not sufficient. It seems this is necessary regardless of whether one actually has a production release or not - again, in my case, I did not. It took maybe 10-20 mins after I made the update until I stopped seeing the issue.

Related