How To Fix Resource Error from Android Manifest

Viewed 166

I have a problem when using RC1 of MAUI that caused me to remove this part from the Android manifest:

    <application
      ...
      android:icon="@mipmap/appicon" 
      android:roundIcon="@mipmap/appicon_round"
      ...>
    </application>

Now that it has GA'd, I'm trying to add it back in because in Android my application icon is not displayed - instead it's just the generic Android icon. When I add this back into my Android manifest like so:

    <application android:allowBackup="true"
      android:supportsRtl="true"
      android:icon="@mipmap/appicon" 
      android:roundIcon="@mipmap/appicon_round">
    </application>

I get compile errors that I have no idea how to resolve. NOTE: I DO have a file called "appicon.png", and it DOES work correctly as the application icon on iOS. The errors look like this:

APT2260 resource xml/microsoft_maui_essentials_fileprovider_file_paths (aka com.watchlikes.watchlikesapp:xml/microsoft_maui_essentials_fileprovider_file_paths) not found.

APT2260 resource style/Maui.SplashTheme (aka com.watchlikes.watchlikesapp:style/Maui.SplashTheme) not found.

APT2067 failed processing manifest.

If I take the android:icon and android:roundIcon attributes out of the manifest file it compiles correctly again. Any idea on what this problem is, and/or how to troubleshoot it?

1 Answers
Related