Renovate: package.json and package-lock.json not in sync

Viewed 264

I just configured renovate and it seems to work. Except I get the below message all the time. Is there a way I can manage renovate to run npm install by it's own? So which command should i add to my renovate.json file?

I tried "postUpdateOptions": ["npmDedupe"] or postUpgradeTasks but neither didn't work.

npm ERR! npm ci can only install packages when your package.json and package-lock.json or npm-shrinkwrap.json are in sync. Please update your lock file with npm install before continuing.

Right now to solve this error, I must checkout my renovate branch and run manually npm install.

1 Answers

I got the same issue at my repo. You can try RENOVATE_UPDATE_LOCK_FILES: "true"

In our case we had some 404 and 403 in the logfile for some private packages. After solving this by injecting a npmrc string with a token our problem was solved.

Let me know if it helps or if you already got a solution!

Related