Disclaimer: I'm a computer vision rookie.
I have seen a lot of stack overflow posts of how to find a specific sub-image in a larger image.
My usecase is a bit different since I don't want it to be specific and I'm not sure how I can do this (if it's even possible, but I have a feeling it should).
I have a large datasets of images, of sometimes, some of this images are a combination of two or more other images of the dataset. I'd like to automatically crop theses "combinations" to isolate the sub-images.
So the tasks would be to process each image of the dataset, and check if there are abnormal boundaries that could mean the image is a combination.
Example using great stock images:
What I've tried:
I've seen that houghs transform could be used for line detection in images but I'm couldn't achieve anything using this.




