I need 2 regex case insensitive patterns. One of them are equivalent of SQL's %. So %word%. My attempt at this was '^[a-zA-Z]*word[a-zA-Z]*$'.
Question 1: This seems to work, but I am wondering if this is the equivalent of %word%.
Finally the last pattern being similar to %, but requires 3 or more characters either before and after the word. So for example if the target word was word:
words= matched because it doesn't have 3 or more characters either before or after it.swordfish= not matched because it has 3 or more characters afterwordtheword= not matched because it has 3 or more characters before itmywordly= matched because it doesn't contain 3 or more characters before or afterword.miswordeds= not matched because it has 3 characters before it. (it also has 3 words after it too, but it met the criteria already).
Question 2: For the second regex, I am not very sure how to start this. I will be using the regex in a MySQL query using the REGEXP function for example:
SELECT 1
WHERE 'SWORDFISH' REGEXP '^[a-zA-Z]*word[a-zA-Z]*$'