az login error: Please ensure you have network connection. Error detail: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='login.microsoftonline.com', port=443)

Viewed 361

Trying to install the Azure Devops CLI Extension

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/cli/?view=azure-devops

az extension add --name azure-devops

is the command I run

I get the following error message

Error Message I have tried

git config http.sslVerify "false"

I've tried to do multiple azure cli and powershell commands

I've set my context with

Set-AzContext -Subscription "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

I don't understand what the issue is here.

I've tried running the commands with and without the VPN ( I use Pulse VPN for reference)

I've tried setting powershell's execution policy to Undefined

**Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Undefined -Scope CurrentUser**

If someone could please let me know their thoughts on the specific error:

Please ensure you have network connection. Error detail: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='objects.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /github-production-release-asset-2e65be/107708057/665228bd-d0c3-4865-b029-624cbc247ca1?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20220701%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20220701T163308Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=dd9381d3d71deeb228b151ec41140e8238f425ca9bf2882889c6bc9592c782e6&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=107708057&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dazure_devops-0.25.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:997)')))

I've seen the post here Azure CLI Error and it was of no help

1 Answers

We have tried the same at our local to install the azure devops extension and it works successfully by following the MS DOC as given in question.

Here are the workaround we followed;

az login
Select-AzSubscription -Subscription subscriptionID

And it has been logged in successfully:- enter image description here

After then installing az extension add --name azure-devops and it works.

enter image description here

Below are az --version we used ;

enter image description here

NOTE:- For the error make sure that you are using the latest version of az cli and enabled the port in your local (Windows security> Advance settings> Inbound Rule> add new rule then add your required port (443) and enable the same).

For configuration details here : How to open port in windows firwall .

For more information please refer the below links:-

Related