ArgoCD getting started tutorial: certificate error x509 when adding the example application

Viewed 305

I'm following the ArgoCD's getting started tutorial and I struggle to add a simple application from the repository example. With the command:

rgocd app create guestbook --repo https://github.com/argoproj/argocd-example-apps.git --path guestbook --dest-server https://kubernetes.default.svc --dest-namespace default

I got the result:

FATA[0000] rpc error: code = InvalidArgument desc = application spec for guestbook is invalid: InvalidSpecError: repository not accessible: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = error testing repository connectivity: Get "https://github.com/argoproj/argocd-example-apps.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack": x509: certificate is valid for 320a840bb19e071a59eb794607e1bf64.79f1460424a4cdb0e35d7e968c7fa927.traefik.default,

not github.com and I don't understand why this is coming up. Do you have any idea of what I would need to do to have this working ?

I have also tried over ssh and got this error :

Unknown desc = error testing repository connectivity: Repository 'ssh://git@github.com:argoproj/argocd-example-apps.git' cannot be initialized, because its root would be system temp at /tmp

1 Answers

Check your network, as you can see you are getting cert for 320a840bb19e071a59eb794607e1bf64.79f1460424a4cdb0e35d7e968c7fa927.traefik.default instead of git's endpoint. Try to make a git request from pod over https

Related