When I watched ecnerwala videos on competitive programming, I found something interesting in his video.
This running text ecnerwala running text
Here is the link of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExmrrXi04vI&t=1030s
So I tried to create something like that running text using tkinter.text widget in python. I create a window, add text object to it, and bind all keyboard keys to the window. I insert those keys into the text object when any key is pressed. I also make sure that even if I press the enter button, I don't insert it as a newline to the text widget but as the word 'Return' instead
Of course, there is a possibility that the length of all characters I insert into the text is longer than the length of the text widget could fit in one sentence. That's why I want to make the text widget to "always" see the characters from index END-(the number of character the widget could fit) until END
Here is my code
from tkinter import *
def handle(event):
text.config(state = NORMAL)
text.insert(END, event.keysym)
text.config(state = DISABLED)
# Things to be fix
text.doSomethingToMakeItBehaveLikeEntryWidget()
window = Tk()
window.geometry('500x500')
text = Text(window, font = ('Arial', 20), height = 1)
entry = Entry(window, font = ('Arial', 20))
text.config(state = DISABLED)
text.pack()
entry.pack()
window.bind('<Key>', handle)
window.mainloop()
Is there any solution for this problem? Even if I have to use another widget instead of text widget to solve it? Thanks for the help