SSAS Installation fails when trying to start services after repeated attempts

Viewed 54

I am trying to install Sql Server Analysis Services 2019 on my WIN10PRO machine. I am running the installer from the SSEI 19 Dev installer package and regardless of me resetting my machine and starting completely over, I continue to be unable to run SSAS. When I check the msmdsrv.log file, I see these messages (amongst others):

(6/30/2022 9:13:36 PM) Message: The service cannot be started: The following error occurred during a file operation:  Access is denied. . (\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS15.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data). (Source: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS15.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Log\msmdsrv.log, Type: 3, Category: 289, Event ID: 0xC1210000)  

(6/30/2022 9:13:36 PM) Message: Service stopped. (Source: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS15.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Log\msmdsrv.log, Type: 1, Category: 289, Event ID: 0x41210001)  

I am the administrator of this machine and ran the executable as admin so I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error.

I have ensured that this path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS15.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Data

exists. There is a cleanup directory present and nothing else.

0 Answers
Related