@types/eslint v8.4.4 missing from NPM registry

Viewed 661

What to do when the npm registry is missing @types/eslint/-/eslint-8.4.4.tgz ?

I jumped on to run npx create-react-app, however, the output of this is that there is no eslint-8.4.4 found on the npmregistry, looking online they just released 8.4.4 I believe?

Error: '@types/eslint@8.4.4' is not in the npm registry.

I tried to find out how to use eslint-8.4.3 like last week's project used but I can't seem to find a way to create a new react app that specifically uses eslint8.4.3 and does not call on latest which is missing. enter image description here

1 Answers

If @types/eslint is directly consumed then you can install version 8.4.3.

npm i -D @types/eslint@8.4.3

For across dependencies:

/* for yarn */
"resolutions": {
  "@types/eslint": "8.4.3"
 }

/* For NPM 8+, use overrides: */

"overrides": {  
  "@types/eslint": "8.4.3"
}

If you are trying to create a new project using create-react-app as a workaround you can clone and use the below repository.

https://github.com/facebook/create-react-app/tree/main/packages/cra-template/template

or you can use an older version and update dependencies manually.

npx create-react-app --scripts-version 4.0.3 app_name

npm status regarding this issue: https://status.npmjs.org/incidents/6wr25yb0b2dd

Related