I'm trying to add a custom settings tab to the WooCommerce settings screen. Basically I want to achieve a similar thing to the Products settings tab, with the subsections/subtabs:
I haven't been able to find any decent documentation on how to do this but I've been able to add a custom tab using this snippet:
class WC_Settings_Tab_Demo {
public static function init() {
add_filter( 'woocommerce_settings_tabs_array', __CLASS__ . '::add_settings_tab', 50 );
}
public static function add_settings_tab( $settings_tabs ) {
$settings_tabs['test'] = __( 'Settings Demo Tab', 'woocommerce-settings-tab-demo' );
return $settings_tabs;
}
}
WC_Settings_Tab_Demo::init();
Based on what I've dug up from various threads/tutorials, I've been trying to add the sections/subtabs to the new settings tab something like this:
// creating a new sub tab in API settings
add_filter( 'woocommerce_get_sections_test','add_subtab' );
function add_subtab( $sections ) {
$sections['custom_settings'] = __( 'Custom Settings', 'woocommerce-custom-settings-tab' );
$sections['more_settings'] = __( 'More Settings', 'woocommerce-custom-settings-tab' );
return $sections;
}
// adding settings (HTML Form)
add_filter( 'woocommerce_get_settings_test', 'add_subtab_settings', 10, 2 );
function add_subtab_settings( $settings, $current_section ) {
// $current_section = (isset($_GET['section']) && !empty($_GET['section']))? $_GET['section']:'';
if ( $current_section == 'custom_settings' ) {
$custom_settings = array();
$custom_settings[] = array( 'name' => __( 'Custom Settings', 'text-domain' ),
'type' => 'title',
'desc' => __( 'The following options are used to ...', 'text-domain' ),
'id' => 'custom_settings'
);
$custom_settings[] = array(
'name' => __( 'Field 1', 'text-domain' ),
'id' => 'field_one',
'type' => 'text',
'default' => get_option('field_one'),
);
$custom_settings[] = array( 'type' => 'sectionend', 'id' => 'test-options' );
return $custom_settings;
} else {
// If not, return the standard settings
return $settings;
}
}
I've been able to add new subsections to the Products tab using similar code to the above, but it isn't working for my new custom tab. Where am I going wrong here?


