I have configured Nginx reverse proxy with Docker in my project. part of my docker-compose file:
version: "3"
# optional ports are specified throughout for more advanced use cases.
services:
proxy-service:
container_name: budi-nginx-dev
restart: on-failure
image: nginx:latest
volumes:
- ./.generated-nginx.dev.conf:/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
ports:
- "${MAIN_PORT}:10000"
depends_on:
- minio-service
- couchdb-service
extra_hosts:
- "host.docker.internal:host-gateway"
I have add "X-Forwarded-For proxy_set_header" in "location /api/". part of my nginx file:
user nginx;
error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log debug;
pid /var/run/nginx.pid;
worker_processes auto;
worker_rlimit_nofile 33282;
events {
worker_connections 1024;
}
http {
include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
default_type application/octet-stream;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
log_format main '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
'$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
'"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';
map $http_upgrade $connection_upgrade {
default "upgrade";
}
server {
listen 10000 default_server;
server_name _;
client_max_body_size 1000m;
ignore_invalid_headers off;
proxy_buffering off;
location ~ ^/api/(system|admin|global)/ {
proxy_pass http://host.docker.internal:4002;
}
location /api/ {
proxy_read_timeout 120s;
proxy_connect_timeout 120s;
proxy_send_timeout 120s;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection $connection_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://host.docker.internal:4001;
}
location /app_ {
proxy_pass http://host.docker.internal:4001;
}
location / {
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
proxy_connect_timeout 300;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection "";
chunked_transfer_encoding off;
proxy_pass http://minio-service:9000;
}
client_header_timeout 60;
client_body_timeout 60;
keepalive_timeout 60;
gzip off;
gzip_comp_level 4;
}
}
When I request api that start with "api/", I get "127.20.0.1" of "X-Forwarded-For" property in the request header. Obviously it is not the real client ip. I would like to known how to get the real client ip in this case.