What causes React Project to not stop with Ctrl Cwith npm stop script

Viewed 84

I had started the project via npm create react app. Last night I couldn't stop the react project with Ctrl C. I tried many solutions that others have pointed out like reinstalling npm and node. I tried taskkill -F -IM node, $ ps -e|grep node to find the process to kill it but id didn't work. I finally downloaded an extension called code runner to stop the react project and it worked. Then now when I try the ctrl C on terminal its able to stop the react project. I want to know what was causing it and how this code runner is fixing this issue. Also even though Ctrl C is able to stop the process it does not offer me the Y/N after pressing Ctrl Clear which is weird.

FYI I currently have to do sudo when I type npm commands. I also never understood fully why I had to do that. I just know its something wrong with the path of where npm was installed. Whenever problems arise with npm or bash commands I just look up for a band-aid solution by typing some command that somebody mentioned on some forum, then just go back to doing what I was doing without really knowing how and where these installed packages are causing issues. Can you guys offer some resources where I can better understand the overall pictures of what all these bash commands do to solve issues when problems arise?

0 Answers
Related