I am trying to create a couple of os policy assignments to configure - run some scripts with PowerShell - and install some security agents on a Windows VM (Windows Server 2022), by using the VM Manager. I am following the official Google documentation to setup the os policies. The VM Manager is already enabled, nevertheless I have difficulties creating the appropriate .yaml file which is required for the policy assignment since I haven't found any detailed examples.
Related topics I have found:
- Google documentation offers a very simple example of installing an .msi file - Example OS policies.
- An example of a fixed policy assignment in Terraform registry - google_os_config_os_policy_assignment, from where I managed to better comprehend the required structure for the .yaml file even though it is in a .json format.
- Few examples provided at GCP GitHub repository (OSPolicyAssignments).
- OS Policy resources in JSON representation - REST Resource, from where you can navigate to sample cases based on the selected resource.
But, it is still not very clear how to create the desired .yaml file. (ie. Copy some files, run a PowerShell script to perform an installation or an authentication). According to the Google documentation pkg, repository, exec, and file are the supported resource types.
Are there any more detailed examples I could use to understand what is needed? Have you already tried something similar?
Update: Adding an additional source.