I'm being dumb here. I don't know what I'm forgetting.
I have two tables on two sheets with similar structures. I would like to have the following conditional formatting rules: -
- By matching on the first three columns, highlight cells in those three columns in Sheet1.Table1 that do not exist in Sheet2.Table2.
- By matching on the first three columns, highlight cells in column four in Sheet1.Table1 that has a different value to that in Sheet2.Table2. The row must be in both tables.
The tables are sorted differently so I can't do a simple cell=cell comparison. I tried using the MATCH function, i.e. MATCH(blah)=0, but that didn't seem to do anything. I will eventually like to do this in VBA, but for now I just want to get the formulas correct and then I can write the code.
Basic example data below: -
- Following formatting rule 1 then the cells of Table1 in rows 3 & 4 within Column1:Column3 would be highlighted.
- Following formatting rule 2 then the cells of Table1 in rows 1 & 6 within Column4 would be highlighted.
Table1
| Column1 | Column2 | Column3 | Column4 | Column5 |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| asd | 1qa | abc | Yes | blah |
| qwe | 2ws | xyz | No | foo |
| zxc | 3ed | def | Yes | blah |
| qwe | 4rf | ghi | Yes | foo |
| asd | 2ws | ghi | Yes | blah |
| rty | 2ws | abc | No | foo |
Table2
| Column1 | Column2 | Column3 | Column4 |
|---|---|---|---|
| asd | 1qa | abc | No |
| qwe | 2ws | xyz | No |
| asd | 2ws | ghi | Yes |
| rty | 2ws | abc | Yes |
Thanks in advance.

