Environment info
firebase --version --> 11.1.0
node -v --> v16.15.1
npm -v --> 8.11.0
Platform:
Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS 64-bit
Steps to reproduce
1). run firebase init functions
2). Select Use an existing project and choose my project.
3). Select Javascript for the language.
4). Type N and press enter to not use eslint.
5). Type Y and press enter to install dependencies.
6). run firebase emulators:start or firebase emulators:start --only functions
7). Open functions/index.js and uncomment the helloWorld example, and save.
Expected behavior
I expect the functions emulator to detect the changes to the javascript code and to automatically apply those changes without restarting the emulator (manually).
Actual behavior
Nothing changes. I have to restart the emulator to use the helloWorld function. Or if the function was there when the emulator was started I have to restart it to see changes made to the function itself. If I make changes to the firestore.rules file while running the firestore emulator those changes are registered without restarting the emulator(s) like it's supposed to.