I'm learning Java, and I'm stuck on a recursion problem.
I need to use a recursive method to check if a number is an Armstrong number or not.
My code:
public class ArmstrongChecker {
public boolean isArmstrong(int number) {
// check if the number is a negative number
if (number < 0) {
return false;
}
ArmstrongChecker armstrongChecker = new ArmstrongChecker();
// find the length of the number
int length = armstrongChecker.lengthChecker(number);
// create a variable to store the sum of the digits of the number
int sum = 0;
// find the individual digits and raise to the power of the numbers of digits
if (number != 0) {
int digit = Math.floorMod(number, 10);
int powerRaised = (int) Math.pow(digit, length);
sum = sum + powerRaised;
isArmstrong(number / 10);
}
return sum == number;
}
// method to check the length of the number
public int lengthChecker(int number) {
int length = String.valueOf(number).length();
return length;
}
}
How do I prevent int length in isArmstrong() method from changing its value.