Move Visual Studio 2022 to Another Drive after Installation without Reinstalling

Viewed 79

A couple of months back, most probably in November last year, I had to install Microsoft Visual Studio on a drive(D) other than C because my C drive did not have enough space to host the software. Two weeks ago I cleaned up my C drive and now I want to move the Visual Studio installation to the C drive because the C drive is located on an SSD drive, and the other drives are on HDD.

ms-vs-2022-installation-current-location

The Microsoft Official Document reference says that I have to reinstall my Visual Studio. But always there are some exceptional experiences for the users other than the official documentation statements.

ms-doc-ref

One very important cause for my avoiding this reinstallation is, that I live in such a corner of the globe where 30GB will take me like 3 to 4 days to download. Moreover, it will also hamper regular tasks and the custom settings and tweaks I have applied to my development environment. That's why I am writing this to avail community help if anyone has ever experienced such an issue and solved it anyhow.

0 Answers
Related