Modified data when using sqlite3

Viewed 23

I'm a discord bot developer and I use an SQLite database for my bot. I installed sqlite3 by npm command and I worked with it, there was no problem, but now I can't use it because it modifies values. I have a bit of code here:

const ghostChannels = await new Promise((resolve, reject) =>
  client.db.all(`SELECT * FROM "Ghosts"`, (err, rows) =>
    err ? reject(err) : resolve(rows)
  )
);
ghostChannels.forEach(async (channel) => {
  const guildchannel = await message.member.guild.channels.cache.get(
    channel.id
  );
  console.log(channel.id);
  console.log(guildchannel);
  const mess = await guildchannel.send(message.member);
  await mess.delete();
});

Unfortunately it returns an error:

Uncaught TypeError TypeError: channel.send is not a function

enter image description here

So I looked at the id, and saw that it's not the same ID as in the database:

enter image description here

I don't know how to fix it, so if someone knows, tell me :)

2 Answers

The problem is that you try to store snowflakes as integers (e.g. 988185997772738610), while you should store them as strings ("988185997772738610"). As these IDs are greater than 53 bits (MAX_SAFE_INTEGER), JavaScript has difficulty interpreting them. It can only safely represent integers between -(253 - 1) and 253 - 1.

Max safe integer 9007199254740992
Your integer 988185997772738610
Your integer becomes 988185997772738600

As you can see, every discord ID/snowflake's last two digits become 0 if they're stored as integers. You can even try it below:

console.log(988185997772738610)
// => 988185997772738600
console.log('988185997772738610')
// => "988185997772738610"

So to solve your problem, make sure you insert the channel (and other) IDs as strings into the database.

Maybe you do it in a wrong way? calling in any database need some gateway (idk the exact name). for ex:

const ghostChannels = await new Promise((resolve, reject) =>
  client.db.all(`SELECT * FROM "Ghosts"`, (err, rows) =>
    err ? reject(err) : resolve(rows)
  )
);
ghostChannels.forEach(async (channel) => {
  const guildchannel = await message.member.guild.channels.cache.get(
    channel.id
  );
  console.log(channel.id);
  console.log(guildchannel);
  const mess = await channel.send(message.member);
  await mess.delete();
});

since you called your guildchannel to db your:

const mess = await channel.send(message.member);

should be:

const mess = await guildchannel.send(message.member);

EDIT:

I've seen that guildchannel shows as undefined, you can try:

await guildchannel.channel?.send

or something like this:

const chan = message.guild.channels.cache.get(`${channel.id}`)
chan.send("set")
Related