I use universal logging and this has been bugging me for a while. Many developers I know as well as and various blogs all tell me to import os.log.
However I think that's wrong because:
- Apple's recommendation on imports is to import the top level module only. ie.
import os. - When I look at the headers all the functions and types are in the
osheader and theos.logheader only contains a few lower level types. Not the full framework.
So why does import os.log even work? I'm not an expert on this but I think due to the way imports work in C import os.log is effectively pulling in the os header and in turn all the other headers it imports. Thereby making the full framework available.
Some developers have told me that I should import os.log because `os' is not clear enough and some have even told me it contains other "Operating System" things. But I've found not evidence of that.
So, the question is - any I right in only using import os? Or is there some other reason to import os.log I've not found?