I am building a Flutter Application that needs to connect to bluetooth devices nearby.
I followed the documentation for permission_handler here and it works (kinda) but strangely enough it does not fully set the nearby device permission properly because when I go scan for nearby devices it is unable to find any.
I know this is the problem because when I manually toggle the permission in the app settings it works as intended.
For reference my androidmanifest.xml:
<!-- Permissions options for the `contacts` group -->
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS"/>
<!-- Permissions options for the `storage` group -->
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
android:maxSdkVersion="28" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
Code to check if permission is granted:
bool permGranted = true;
var status = await Permission.location.status;
if (status.isDenied) {
permGranted = false;
if (await Permission.location.request().isGranted) {
permGranted = true;
}
}
if (permGranted) {
_logMessage('Start ble discovery');
...
thanks in advance for any help!