I Have a TestTable that summarizes a table Receipts on the Month column and adds a column that counts the number of times (occurence) that each month appears in the Receipts Table.
TestTable = SUMMARIZE(Receipts, Receipts[Month], "TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth", SUM(Receipts[Receipts Issued]), "OccurenceOfMonth", COUNT(Receipts[Month]))
I want to add two columns to this TestTable which will tell me the following:
- Sum the TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth of the TestTable and show the value in each row
- For each Month (row), divide the, TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth by the SumOfTotalReceiptsIssued
I know I can click "New Column" and use these formulas:
AvgPercentageReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth = TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth]/TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssued]
TotalReceiptsIssued = SUM(TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth])
However, I need to integrate those two columns directly into the original TestTable formula to make it all happen in one step for use as a variable in the original Receipts table (otherwise I end up with circular logic if I try using relationships).
I've tried the following:
TestTable = SUMMARIZE(PPTs, PPTs[Month], "TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth", SUM(PPTs[PPTs Issued]), "OccurenceOfMonth", COUNT(PPTs[Month]), "TotalReceiptsIssued", SUM(TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth]), "AvgPercentageReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth", TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth]/TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssued])
but this returns an error saying "A single value for column 'TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth' in table 'TestTable" cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result." and I've tried:
TestTable =
VAR first = SUMMARIZE(Receipts, Receipts[Month], "TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth", SUM(Receipts[Receipts Issued]), "OccurenceOfMonth", COUNT(Receipts[Month]))
VAR second = SUM(TestTable[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth])
VAR third = first[TotalReceiptsIssuedInThisMonth]/second
RETURN
third
But this returns an error saying "The variable'first' cannot be used in current context because a base table is expected."
So my question is, how do I go about combining these three steps into one DAX formula?

