Today I went into a GitHub repository I haven't worked on in a month or so since completing a bootcamp. It is a personal project where I have basically just seeded some database tables and had uploaded an image or two and started a React app displaying those.
When I went on today, in the public images folder was a profile photo and also a photo of my passport visa. I don't recall adding those! and can't see that it would've even been an accident, though maybe I suppose.
Could having my fairly rookie code available to see on GitHub have led to me leaving something open for someone to get those files from my local system? I'm not sure how that would work but did read a little about .DS_Store files on Mac and there was one of those uncommitted in there too.
Can anyone shed any insight? Is it possible/likely someone scanned my files and grabbed those images for whatever reason?
I deleted the photos and ds_store file.
Thanks