expo cli warning: 'unrecognised event type: transformer_load_started

Viewed 663

I'm getting a weird warning when I start newly created expo projects using expo init and expo start. The project loads and I am able to work, but I get this warning:

Unrecognized event: {"type":"transformer_load_started"}
Unrecognized event: {"type":"transformer_load_done"}

I have no idea what this means or what caused this. When I load up older projects using expo start, I do not get this error.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

1 Answers

I have the same issue with just a simple project.

With some experimentation, I found that it caused by my Expo version which is "expo": "^45.0.0" in packages.json

Initializing your new projects with Expo SDK 44 by using this command should fix the issue:

expo init --template blank@44.0

Maybe it will be fixed in a Expo SDK 45 update.

EDIT:

I updated expo-cli to the last version (5.4.12) with npm install -g expo-cli and it fixed the issue with Expo 45.

Related