I am working with a medication prescription dataset which I want to transfer from long to wide format.
I tried to use the reshape function, however, this requires a time variable, which I don't have (at least not in a useful format I believe).
Concept dataset:
id <- c(1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3)
prescription_date <- c("17JAN2009", "02MAR2009", "20MAR2009", "05JUL2009", "10APR2009", "09MAY2009", "13JUN2009", "29MAY2009")
med <- c("A", "B", "A", "B", "A", "B", "A", "B")
df <- data.frame(id, prescription_date, med)
To make a time variable I have tried to make a time variable like 1st, 2nd, etc med per id, but I didn't succeed.
Background: I want this in a wide format to eventually create definitions for diagnoses (i.e. if a patient had >1 prescriptions of A, diagnosis is confirmed). This has to be combined with factors from other datasets, hence the idea to go from long to wide.
Any help is much appreciated, thank you.