Visual Studio lists parameters names in front of arguments to functions in C

Viewed 87

I recently started using C in Visual Studio, and I've been having an issue where Visual Studio automatically lists the name of parameters in front of arguments to functions. It's possible I unintentionally pressed a key.

Example:

enter image description here

As you can see in the image, the _Format: is being displayed, which is quite annoying. I have browsed through the text editor settings, but I can't seem to find the issue.

I mainly use VS for C#, and so far this only seems to happen with C. Any solution would be appreciated.

2 Answers

First step, go to options. Press Ctrl+Q then type "inline":

enter image description here

Second step, uncheck inline hints:

enter image description here

I use C#, but I think the settings are the same here.

As one answer already stated, this option exists for C#.

But if that doesn't work for C, check the following link: similar problem

Quote from the linked answer:

"If you're using C/C++ the inline hints works a bit differently. Here alt-F1 or Ctrl-Ctrl can TOGGLE hints."

Related