I'm looking to see if I can make one bargraph with multiple comparisons between two groups.
For example, consider the following dataset. All variables are on a scale from 1 to 5 except for the categorical variable.
Extraversion <- c(4.3, 2, 4.2, 4, 2, 1.5, 3.8, 3.5, 2.1, 2.1, 3)
Anxiety <- c(1.2, 3, 1, 2.3, 5, 5, 2.3, 2.2, 5, 4.5, 3)
Depression <- c(2, 3.5, 1, 3.5, 5, 5, 1, 2, 4.3, 4.5, 1)
Sex <- c("Male", "Female", "Male", "Male", "Female", "Female", "Male",
"Female", "Female", "Female", "Male")
data <- data.frame(Extraversion, Anxiety, Depression, Sex)
Usually, I would make a single bargraph with the ggpubr package like the code below for the Anxiety variable.
ggbarplot(data, x = "Sex", y = "Anxiety", #data file, x variables, y variable
add = c("mean_se", "jitter"), #errorbars SE & jitter
color = "black", #Color for data points
fill = "Sex", #Color fill grouping variable
alpha = .6, #Alpha
palette = "jama", #ggsci package color palettes
position = position_dodge(.5))
That being said, my question is asking how would I combine multiple graphs like these? In the example above I would expect to have comparisons for Sex on Anxiety, Depression, and Extraversion within the same graph.
Thanks! It's my first post, so I hope that I provided all the necessary information!
