Plaid - Error with Sandbox `set_verification_status` request when simulating expired verification

Viewed 58

While trying to test the VERIFICATION_EXPIRED error state in sandbox for an item which is pending_automatic_verification, I attempted to make a request to https://plaid.com/docs/api/sandbox/#sandboxitemset_verification_status. I have used this endpoint before to simulate a successful verification when including "verification_status": "automatically_verified" in the request body.

According to the documentation, it is also possible to send the status "verification_status": "verification_expired", but when I made that request, the webhook which ultimately gets sent is the "success" event, with the code AUTOMATICALLY_VERIFIED. I am including the webhook request body (minus account/item ids) which I logged below:

{   
  "account_id": "[the account id]",
  "item_id": "[the item id]",
  "webhook_code": "AUTOMATICALLY_VERIFIED",
  "webhook_type": "AUTH"
}

The request body I sent to the endpoint was (via the postman collection):

{
  "client_id": "{{client_id}}",
  "secret": "{{secret_key}}",
  "access_token": "{{access_token}}",
  "account_id": "{{account_id}}",
  "verification_status": "verification_expired"
}

Is there something else needed in the request body to coerce the "VERIFICATION_EXPIRED" webhook?

1 Answers

Thanks for bringing this up! This is a bug on Plaid's side, and the owning team has been informed and is investigating. I don't think there's anything you can do at this point to coerce the webhook.

Related