I have been working on the LeetCode problem 5. Longest Palindromic Substring:
Given a string
s, return the longest palindromic substring ins.
But I kept getting time limit exceeded on large test cases.
I used dynamic programming as follows:
dp[(i, j)] = True implies that s[i] to s[j] is a palindrome. So if s[i] == str[j] and dp[(i+1, j-1]) is set to True, that means S[i] to S[j] is also a palindrome.
How can I improve the performance of this implementation?
class Solution:
def longestPalindrome(self, s: str) -> str:
dp = {}
res = ""
for i in range(len(s)):
# single character is always a palindrome
dp[(i, i)] = True
res = s[i]
#fill in the table diagonally
for x in range(len(s) - 1):
i = 0
j = x + 1
while j <= len(s)-1:
if s[i] == s[j] and (j - i == 1 or dp[(i+1, j-1)] == True):
dp[(i, j)] = True
if(j-i+1) > len(res):
res = s[i:j+1]
else:
dp[(i, j)] = False
i += 1
j += 1
return res