I have 2 dropdown menus, the second one changes values depending on the selection of the first dropdown.
All I want to do is set the first value of the second dropdown to be selected by default no matter what the option in the first dropdown is.
At the moment, the default selection of the second dropdown is always empty.
I tried fetching the values from types and loading them via v-for on the option tag and setting :selected="index===0" but it didn't work either.
Demo: https://codesandbox.io/s/relaxed-flower-2hjox1?file=/src/App.vue
The Template
<div class="col-md-6">
<label for="type" class="form-label">Type</label>
<select id="type" class="form-select" v-model="form.type">
<option value="en-US" selected>English (US)</option>
<option value="en-GB">English (British)</option>
</select>
</div>
<div class="col-md-6">
<label for="selected" class="form-label">Option 2</label>
<div v-if="form.type === 'en-GB'">
<select id="selected" name="selected" class="form-select" v-model="form.selected">
<option value="Arsenal">Arsenal</option>
<option value="Chelsea">Chelsea</option>
<option value="Liverpool">Liverpool</option>
</select>
</div>
<div v-else-if="form.type === 'en-US'">
<select id="selected" name="selected" class="form-select" v-model="form.selected">
<option value="Lakers">Lakers</option>
<option value="Bulls">Bulls</option>
<option value="Mavericks">Mavericks</option>
</select>
</div>
</div>
Javascript
export default {
name: "App",
data() {
return {
form: {
type: 'en-GB',
selected: ''
},
types: {
american: ['Lakers', 'Bulls', 'Mavericks'],
british: ['Arsenal', 'Liverpool', 'Chelsea']
}
}
},
};