I'm using the Python ibm-cloud-sdk in an attempt to iterate all resources in a particular IBM Cloud account. My trouble has been that pagination doesn't appear to "work for me". When I pass in the "next_url" I still get the same list coming back from the call.
Here is my test code. I successfully print many of my COS instances, but I only seem to be able to print the first page....maybe I've been looking at this too long and just missed something obvious...anyone have any clue why I can't retrieve the next page?
try:
####### authenticate and set the service url
auth = IAMAuthenticator(RESOURCE_CONTROLLER_APIKEY)
service = ResourceControllerV2(authenticator=auth)
service.set_service_url(RESOURCE_CONTROLLER_URL)
####### Retrieve the resource instance listing
r = service.list_resource_instances().get_result()
####### get the row count and resources list
rows_count = r['rows_count']
resources = r['resources']
while rows_count > 0:
print('Number of rows_count {}'.format(rows_count))
next_url = r['next_url']
for i, resource in enumerate(resources):
type = resource['id'].split(':')[4]
if type == 'cloud-object-storage':
instance_name = resource['name']
instance_id = resource['guid']
crn = resource['crn']
print('Found instance id : name - {} : {}'.format(instance_id, instance_name))
############### this is SUPPOSED to get the next page
r = service.list_resource_instances(start=next_url).get_result()
rows_count = r['rows_count']
resources = r['resources']
except Exception as e:
Error = 'Error : {}'.format(e)
print(Error)
exit(1)