So I'm following the mesh-transformer fine-tuning repo to fine-tune GPT-J. I've fine-tuned a model on a Google Cloud PTU-VM before, but then deleted the fine-tuned model. Now, I'm trying to fine-tune a new model in the same VM, but the code is trying to open a tpu_logs file. It says it doesn't have permission, but I'm thinking maybe it's because it's deleted, not sure. Anyways, has anyone encountered this problem before?
I get a ton of these pop up in the terminal: Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
It's as if there's something in the codebase that is aware that I've used the model for fine-tuning before and it's trying to (maybe?) continue where it left off?
Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?
The entire output looks like:
.
.
.
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
Could not open any log file.
jax devices: 8
jax runtime initialized in 3.53237s
`--tune_model_path` passed: we are beginning a fine-tuning run
path to load checkpoint from: gs://[my-bucket]/step_383500/
setting up datasets
initializing network
/home/[my-username]/miniconda3/envs/finetune-env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jax/experimental/maps.py:527: UserWarning: xmap is an experimental feature and probably has bugs!
warn("xmap is an experimental feature and probably has bugs!")
/home/[my-username]/miniconda3/envs/finetune-env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jax/_src/lib/xla_bridge.py:429: UserWarning: jax.host_count has been renamed to jax.process_count. This alias will eventually be removed; please update your code.
warnings.warn(
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
.
.
.
Could not open any log file.
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
Could not open any log file.
/home/[my-username]/miniconda3/envs/finetune-env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/jax/_src/lib/xla_bridge.py:416: UserWarning: jax.host_id has been renamed to jax.process_index. This alias will eventually be removed; please update your code.
warnings.warn(
key shape (8, 2)
in shape (1, 2048)
dp 1
mp 8
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
Could not open any log file.
.
.
.
Could not open any log file.
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission deniedd
Could not open any log file.
Total parameters: 6053381344
loading network
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
Could not open any log file.
Could not open the log file '/tmp/tpu_logs/tpu_driver.[vm-code].[my-account].log.INFO.20220623-164754.59430': Permission denied
.
.
.
EDIT: The log file permission error seems to pop up when I try to run import tensorflow as tf.