I have been dealing with this error for the past day, where any Powershell DSC resource that uses a PowerShell credential object fails with the following error:
The password supplied to the Desired State Configuration resource is not valid. The password cannot be null or empty
The configuration has been working without issues for the last 4 years. This just started to happen 1 or 2 days ago. I am using the MSFT_ServiceResource to configure a windows service.
- I have updated the version of the resources I am using (PSDscResources).
- I have updated the certificate I use for applying the
.moffiles on the target machine
No luck so far.
Does anyone have found this issue? Any way to resolve it?
Update 1
These are the only two recent windows updates. Not sure if those are related.
Update 2
I can confirm that after uninstalling update KB5014692 I was able to get the DSC running successfully again.
