Android Studio emulator will not open the chrome browser

Viewed 169

System info:

Android Studio Chipmunk | 2021.2.1 Patch 1 Build #AI-212.5712.43.2112.8609683, built on May 18, 2022 Runtime version: 11.0.12+0-b1504.28-7817840 amd64 VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o. Linux 5.4.199-1-manjaro

Issue:

If I try to open the Chrome browser in Android Studio's emulator, when I get to the "Turn on sync?" screen, if I tap "No thanks" or "Yes, I'm in" the emulator completely locks up. I'm unable to swipe and close Chrome browser or do anything. I can only crash the emulator. Then I "wipe data" and try again.

Anyone know how to get past this so I can open the Chrome browser in the emulator? Webviewer works just fine, but opening Chrome directly in the emulator does not.

I've tried different SDK's, but at this point I cannot find a remedy for this odd issue.

Screenshots:

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

0 Answers
Related