How to deploy reactapp with heroku-22?

Viewed 2480

I received this message when i deploy to heroku:

remote: =====! create-react-app-buildpack has reached end-of-life 
remote:        This build may succeed, but the buildpack is no longer maintained.
remote:        On the Heroku-22 stack and beyond, this may fail to build at all.
remote:
remote:        Please consider migrating to https://nextjs.org or https://remix.run to develop React apps which are deployable using Heroku's Node.js buildpack https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-nodejs, or you may develop your own create-react-app deployment with Node.js and Nginx buildpacks.  

I'm using this buildpack:

https://github.com/mars/create-react-app-buildpack

But heroku will no longer support it. I don't know how to migrate my reactapp to nextjs or remix, anyone know an alternative buildpack that supports the newer version of heroku?

1 Answers

The buildpack you're using is deprecated and doesn't work on Heroku-22. The simple solution, which is what I've done, is to postpone upgrading the Heroku stack until a new buildpack for Create-React-App is released. Heroku-18 is deprecated though, so you should upgrade to Heroku-20.

heroku stack:set heroku-20
Related