How to set app.yaml variable on github actions/GPC

Viewed 58

I have an application made on TypeScript, deployed by GitHub Actions, hosted on Firebase - Google Cloud.

I need set the "instance_class: B4" dynamic depending of environment

I have 3 environments DEV, QA and PROD and I want to specify which type of server will start on each.

I have some variables on gitHub and some secrets on GPC, but I don't know which and how to use.

How can I change app.yaml on deploy process?

Thanks

App.yaml

1 Answers

See Using a matrix for your jobs to configure your GitHub Action to deploy to your 3 environments.

Then you've choices:

  1. Multiple app.yaml's (one per environment)
    • Advantage: simple
    • Disadvantage: requires you to ensure the other values remain unchanged.
  2. One app.yaml
    • Advantage: more accurately (!?) reflects the intent
    • Disadvantage: requires you to add YAML processing (e.g. yq) to your actions
Related