How do I change a variable value in Xilinx SDK debugger using Linux TCF Agent connected to our target?

Viewed 29

I am connected to our target over ethernet using the Linux TCF agent to debug an application.

I've used a lot of debuggers over my 25 year career, but this is my first time using Eclipse/Linux/Xilinx environment. I can set break points. I can single step through the code. I can view variables. I can view memory. I can type a new value in the memory location, but the variable value doesn't change. I tried to click or double click the value in the Variables pane. I tried right clicking to see if it would give me an option to modify the value.

I'm not sure what good a debugging tool is if I can't change a variable value to alter the execution path of my software...

1 Answers

In addition to the hacky solution we came up in the comments, which is to get the address of a variable and then modify them through the mr command from the xsct console, the same console provide commands to properly get/set a local variable.

The syntax is the following:

locals [options] [variable-name [variable-value]]

And an example:

locals my_int_var 10
locals my_float_var 1.4
Related