I have a pinia data store similar to the following code snippet that stores user information and a list of individual orders he is placing:
order.js
import { defineStore } from 'pinia'
import { reactive } from 'vue'
export const useOrderStore = defineStore('order', {
state: () => ({
username: '',
orders: reactive([
{
id: '',
item: '',
price: ''
}
])
}),
})
Also I am using the v-for directive to render the components that should display the individual orders
OrdersComp.vue
<template>
<div class="orders_container">
<div v-for="(order, index) in orders" :key="order.id">
<OrderComp />
</div>
</div>
</template>
<script>
import { storeToRefs } from 'pinia'
import { useOrderStore } from "@/store/order";
setup() {
const { orders } = storeToRefs(useOrderStore())
return { orders };
},
</script>
How can I access the store data for the individual orders in the child component OrderComp
Basically I want something like this: OrderComp.vue
<div>
<p>{{ orders.id }}</p>
<input v-model="orders.item" />
<input v-model="orders.price" />
</div>
<script>
import { storeToRefs } from 'pinia'
import { useOrderStore } from "@/store/order";
setup() {
const { orders } = storeToRefs(useOrderStore())
return { orders };
},
</script>
and still keep its reactive state? How does the child component know which order of the orders array to modify? Can/Should I combine the pinia data store with props that pass the data from parent to child? (Though this seems somewhat wrong for me, as pinia is probably able to replace all data passing between components) And furthermore as item and price are bound to input fields, they should of course dynamically change based on a user input.