I have a folder of excel files that contain multiple sheets each. The sheets are named the same in each wb. I'm trying to import one specific named sheet for all excel files as separate data frames. I have been able to import them in; however, the names become df_1, df_2, df_3, etc... I've been trying to take the first word of the excel file name and use that to identify the df.
Example of Excel file Name "AAPL Multiple Sheets" the sheet would be named "Balance" I'm importing as a df. I would like "AAPL Balance df" as the result.
The code that came closest to what I'm looking for located below, however, it names each data frame as df_1, df_2, and so on.
library(purrr)
library(readxl)
files_list <- list.files(path = 'C:/Users/example/Drive/Desktop/Total_Related_Data/Analysis of Data/',
pattern = "*.xlsx",full.names = TRUE)
files_list %>%
walk2(1:length(files_list),
~ assign(paste0("df_", .y), read_excel(path = .x), envir = globalenv()))
I tried using the file path variable 'file_list' in the past0 function to label them and ended up with,
df_C:/Users/example/Drive/Desktop/Total_Related_Data/Analysis of Data/.xlsx1, df_C:/Users/example/Drive/Desktop/Total_Related_Data/Analysis of Data/.xlsx2,
and so on.
I tried to make a list of file names to use. This read the file names and created a list but I couldn't make it work with the code above.
files_Names<-list.files(path='C:/Users/example/Drive/Desktop/Total_Related_Data/Analysis of Data/', pattern=NULL, all.files=FALSE, full.names=FALSE)
Which resulted with this, "AAPL Analysis of Data.xlsx" for all the files in the list.