I've created a div that I have positioned absolutely over this map:
Here, the element I'm talking about is a div containing the four white ovals. So this div has position: absolute; z-index: 1. Now notice the hamburger button in the top right - this opens the side navigation menu, like this:
However, as you can see, the aforementioned div is rendered on top of the the nav menu, which I've assigned a z-index of 2 to. (I've also tried significantly higher numbers). I seemingly can't tweak the z-indicies such that the side menu renders above this div. How can I fix this?
This is not an issue when I set the position of the div to relative, however, for aesthetic purposes I need it absolute.
It is worth noting that the side menu is contained in a wrapper element, which comes before the main tag that the aforementioned div is within, i.e
<wrapper> /*side menu is here */ </wrapper>
<main> /* div with ovals is here */ <main>

