I want to achieve a simple task. I have an invisible button in one layout and a have a Fragment. When this function is executed I want the button in the other layout to become visible. However this layout with the button is not in the Fragment layout, which means I have to reference that button in the Fragment, but I don't know how to go about that.
This is what Fragment will look like to first time users. The images you see are in a recyclerview which inflates a layout. That layout has the invisible button.
Fragment class
//item subscribed
if (subscribeValueFromPref) {
subscribeAbstract.visibility = View.GONE
// abstractDownload.visibility = View.VISIBLE
} else {
subscribeAbstract.visibility = View.VISIBLE
// abstractDownload.visibility = View.VISIBLE
}
}
When this line of code executed the button in the fragment is gone and the button from the other layout becomes visible. As you can see I put two strokes in front of that code. Once the code has been executed the layout should look like this.
Summary
I want to reference a button in another layout from a fragment class.

