Unable to create Spingboot project in Spring tool suite software

Viewed 185

I am working on STS and while creating a new spring-boot project, it shows following errors: I tried two options but it didn't work.

Option-1:

Service URL:https://start.spring.io
Error Message: SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
 

I followed below instructions but didn't work

Export the corporate certificate (There may be other easier ways of doing this)

On Chrome, I went to https://start.spring.io
On the location bar clicked on the 'Lock' symbol next to https.
Selected 'Certificate(Valid)' on the ensuing pop-up.
On the resulting dialog box, clicked on the 'Certificate Path' tab, from under certificate path tree selected the root node, and then clicked on 'View Certificate'
On the resulting dialog box, clicked on the 'Details' tab and then clicked on 'Copy to File'
This brings up the 'Export wizard', clicked on 'Next'.
Left the certificate format to default 'DER encoded..', clicked on 'Next'.
Provided file name (.cer extension) for the certificate.
Clicked Finish.
The above steps exported a certificate to a file that I imported into truststore (cacerts).

To import

Opened a 'Command' prompt as Administrator to import the certificate
Went to bin directory of Java installation (this step is not needed if jre/bin is in your path)
Ran the following:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_271\bin>keytool -importcert -alias your-alias -keystore "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_271\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -file C:\certificate-file-location\saved-certificate-file.cer

(Substitute your java location, certificate file location and certificate file name as appropriate. The 'storepass' should be 'changeit'.)

Restarted STS

I tried below options also but it didn't work

Updated below properties in STS.ini file and restarted the STS but no use

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk\jre1.8.0_271\lib\security\cacerts
-Djava.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=changeit

Option-2:

Service URL:http://start.spring.io
Error Message: JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1

Note: I am also behind a corporate proxy.
I tried all network connections options also like: Manual, DIrect and Native no use
Current STS version:3.8.4

1 Answers

Please read this announcement from spring team here.

As you mention in your question

Current STS version:3.8.4

But according to the announcement they are dropping maintenance and support for older versions of spring tool suite (3.x) and currently only supporting version 4.x

If you are using eclipse as platform for suite it might be that you use a new version of eclipse that is not compatible with spring tools suite 3.x

So you need to upgrade to this version if you wish to work with tools suite from now on.

Related