ArgoCD syncPolicy automated prune true, selfheal true delete helm app doesn't delete helm app resources

Viewed 303

I have simple test ArgoCD app of apps which references a git repo with a folder. In that folder I have a single file with the Helm application. When I deployed app of apps it created additional application for the helm chart. There was an issue as I have not provided a helm argument as result it attempted to bind newly created PVC to already bound PV. It failed to do that. I have decided to try again. I have deleted app of apps, as result it deleted automatically helm app, but resources of the helm app are still there. They were not removed. Both apps have

  syncPolicy:
    automated:
      prune: true
      selfheal: true

I wonder why the resources of the helm chart has not been deleted? I would like them go away so that I don't need to go and remove them manually. I could do this if there was a helm release deployed but helm list returns nothing. Is there a reason why argocd helm doesn't crea

1 Answers

in order to automatically delete child resources in app-of-apps pattern, you have to add finalizer to the application.yaml of the child module in metadata section

finalizers:
 - resources-finalizer.argocd.argoproj.io
Related