I have the following strings:
text_one = str("\"A Ukrainian American woman who lives near Boston, Massachusetts, told Fox News Digital on Monday that she can no longer speak on the phone with her own mother, who lives in southern Ukraine, because of the Russian attacks on Ukraine and the fear these attacks have engendered.")
text_two = str("\n\nMany people in southern Ukraine — as well as throughout the country — are right now living in fear for their lives as Russian soldiers overtake the area, the Boston-area woman said.\"")
I need to replace every instance of s/S with $, but not the first instance of s/S in a given word. So the input/output would look something like:
> Mississippi
> Mis$i$$ippi
My idea is to do something like 'after every " " character, skip first "s" and then replace all others up until " " character' but I have no idea how I might go about this. I also thought about creating a list to handle each word.